Is your property in need of new windows? Maybe you have older single glazed windows which could be replaced with newer, double glazing to improve your household thermal efficiency by up to 80% and reduce household heat loss by half. Here at Cornish Glazing, we can install a wide range of uPVC, Aluminium and Timber windows to a very high standard and at an affordable price. With over 30 years of experience, our team of experts can fit new windows with minimal disruption to your home.
uPVC stands for unplasticised polyvinyl chloride. It is tough and rigid, making it an excellent choice for windows as it doesn’t flex or bend and is recognised for its thermal efficiency, sound insulation and great value for money. It is commonly used for doors, windows and even plumbing. Our uPVC windows are normally provided in white, but we can provide it in a variety of colours and finishes if needed.
uPVC windows are also more secure than a standard single glazed unit. The locks of a uPVC window are built within the frame itself, making the locks extremely tough to break into. Our uPVC windows also come with the added benefit of double-glazed windows as opposed to a much weaker single pane.
Aluminium and Timber Windows
Aluminium windows are a popular choice for commercial buildings. They are strong and durable and secure. Aluminium windows also provide energy efficiency and can be easily recycled.
Timber windows are durable and low maintenance and a good match for contemporary and period properties. Timber is also a natural insulator so these windows will provide good thermal efficiency.
Why Choose Double Glazing?
Double glazing consists of two panes of glass separated by a layer of air. It has many benefits over single glazing such as:
- Thermal Performance – The extra pane of glass is able to keep more heat inside the property, therefore lowering heating bills.
- Sound Insulation – If you live near to a busy road or neighbours, double glazing can significantly reduce noise pollution.
- Reduces condensation – Double glazing maintains temperatures inside, reducing the risk of cold air meeting warm air on the inside pane of glass, and therefore reduces condensation. If condensation is left, it can start to smell and cause you a lot of hassle.
- Heightens security – Double glazing is a lot more difficult to break than single glazing, giving peace of mind that your home, possession and family members will be safe – even if you are on holiday.
- Easy to maintain – Modern double glazing is incredibly easy to clean, simply needing to be wiped over.
Window Fitters Bristol – Cornish Glazing
When looking to have new windows fitted in Bristol, it doesn’t need to be expensive. At Cornish Glazing Bristol, we have built ourselves an impressive reputation for high-quality products, an excellent standard of service and competitive prices. Whether it is one single window or a full house, a member of our team will be more than happy to perform a site survey and provide you with your free no obligation quotation. Also, if needed one of our team will be able to come to your home and discuss what you need.
To find out more about our window fitting Bristol services, get in touch with our team today on 0117 966 6540. No job is too big or too small for Cornish Glazing Bristol.
Sarah Owen is the content writer here at Cornish Glazing Bristol. She is passionate about the industry and provides our customers with all the information and advice they need.