As we move into December, we can all agree that the winter weather is truly upon us. We all love the comfort of a cosy winter evening at home, whether that’s in front of a roaring fire or just having the house warmed through by the central heating. Though, as we turn the heating up it is important to ensure that as much heat as possible is kept inside during the colder months. Double Glazing is a good way for many households to decrease their energy bills and make their home warmer.
Here at Cornish Glazing, we are able to install and repair a wide range of uPVC, aluminium and timber windows in the Bristol area. Our experienced and friendly team of glaziers have been installing and repairing double glazed glass and other windows for other 30 years. To find out more about our double glazing and the new windows we supply in Bristol, be sure to call today on 0117 966 6540.
What Are The Benefits of Double Glazing?
Double-glazed windows consist of two panels of glass separated by a layer of either air or gas. It has many benefits over single glazing – which consists of just one pane of glass and no air layer. It will:
- Keep warm air in: Double glazing is a great form of insulation, seeing as single glazed windows will lose 50-70% of home heat. Double glazing will also help capture and store a much higher percentage of natural heat from the winter sun.
- Cooler in the Summer: Summer may seem a long while away, but double glazing will insulate your home against the summer heat – it’ll also trap some of the summer sun’s rays and minimise the burning heat through your windows
- Reduces Energy Usage: When you invest in double glazing, you’ll find that you won’t need your central heating system as much anymore. This will, therefore, reduce your energy consumption and save on your power bills and help the environment.
- Reduces Noise: Double Glazing is a great way to reduce noise and make your home considerably calmer and quieter. Investing in high-performance double glazing could potentially reduce outside noise by up to 60%, this is a great choice if you live by a busy road or have noisy neighbours.
- Enhances Resale Value: Double glazing is an excellent way to increase the resale value of your home. With double glazing, an older home will be just as desirable to a buyer who wants to make sure that their new home is fully insulated.
- Increases Security: A double glazed window will be a lot more difficult for intruders to break through than a single glazed window, particularly if you choose laminated or toughened glass.
Having New Windows Fitted In Bristol
It’s very important to feel warm in your own home, a cold room can be very uncomfortable. So if you’ve decided to switch from single to double glazing this winter, be sure to get in touch with Cornish Glazing Bristol.
If needed, we can also offer emergency repairs. The stress of having a broken window can be immense, especially in the colder weather and the last thing you need is the hassle of dealing with it. With other 30 years’ experience, we are here to help and can provide you with expert knowledge. We will come and board up or replace the glass as soon as possible and can also assist you in making the right insurance claim if you feel as though you need the help.
We are proud to have provided our emergency repair services for the local council, Subway, KFC and many more organisations. Our work gets the job done at a very competitive price without compromising on any quality.
Whatever job we’re faced with, we will ensure that our work is carried out to the highest standard and in the nicest manner. We offer our customers only the highest quality glazing products, all suited to a wide range of budgets and homes. Choose Cornish Glazing, choose Bristol’s experts in glazing and glass cutting.
So whatever you need, be sure to give Cornish Glazing Bristol a call today on 0117 966 6540 and let’s discuss your new windows. We’ll be more than happy to discuss exactly what you need and provide you with an affordable quote. Don’t be cold this winter!
Sarah Owen is the content writer here at Cornish Glazing Bristol. She is passionate about the industry and provides our customers with all the information and advice they need.